Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev has revealed that Michy Batshuayi’s loan move to his club has been blocked by Chelsea.
Batshuayi, 25, joined Valencia on a season-long loan from Chelsea in the summer but failed to make an impact in La Liga and was set to undergo a medical in Monaco earlier this week with a view to completing a move on loan until the end of the season.
When asked about Batshuayi’s transfer to Monaco, during a news conference to present new signings Cesc Fabregas and Naldo on Wednesday, Vasilyev said: “We have an agreement with the player. We have an agreement with Valencia. For the time being, it [move] has been blocked by Chelsea because they prefer to sell the player.”
No purchase option had been included in the deal that Monaco had negotiated with Chelsea for Batshuayi.
Everton have now reportedly made an offer to sign Batshuayi on a permanent transfer.
Vasilyev is not giving up hope of signing Batshuayi, who has a Chelsea contract until June 2021. “For the time being it’s blocked but everything in football can change very quickly,” he said.